Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Curtis W Byrnes
Dr. Curtis W Byrnes, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Allentown, NJ. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Byrnes is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton. Dr. Byrnes has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Curtis W Byrnes has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 37
My family and I have been seeing Dr. Byrnes for nearly ten years. He is a wonderful doctor and has always been very pleasant and friendly. The only reason I cringe when I have to schedule an appointment is knowing that I will have to speak with his receptionist. As I've seen noted in reviews both on this site and others, she is rude and condescending. It's a shame that she's the gatekeeper to such a nice doctor.
First off, I've been with Dr. Byrnes for over 3 years. I looked for a PCP for two before I found him. A great feature of his office is that he has late hours during the week for people who can't call out of work to go and see him. He's very thorough, and a lot of the time he will just sit and chat with you. I've have since moved over an hour away, but I will still be seeing Dr Byrnes.
Unable to contact when there is a problem. His receptionist is curt when. She receives calls and does not allow any one to speak to the dr directly. You have to make an apt to speak to him no matter what the problem is. An error was made with the Meds he and he did not return my calls to correct the error . It took seven days to get the prescribed Meds to be corrected and he did not except the responsibility for the error. This could have had serious consequences.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015, 2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2012, 2008, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Byrnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Curtis W Byrnes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAllentown Family Medicine, 173 Walnford Rd, Allentown, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Curtis W Byrnes in this video.
Dr. Curtis W Byrnes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, NJ.