Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia C Leigh MD
Dr. Cynthia C Leigh, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oshkosh, WI, with other offices in Oshkosh, WI and Neenah, WI . She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Leigh is affiliated with Aurora Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia C Leigh has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Cynthia C Leigh has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cynthia C Leigh has the following 14 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Pregnancy Complications
- Gland Issues
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cynthia C Leigh - Posted on February 2nd, 2018
all of my symptoms are hypothyroid. my T4 is below range and T3 barely in bottom of range. those are the important hormones that affect everything. My TSH is in range so that's all she cares about. why even check the numbers than if you aren't going to react to insufficient levels anyway? she knows theres something wrong with my hpt axis but won't help me with my low hormones that are effecting my life greatly. yeah, she's nice. that shouldn't factor into 5 star ratings. instead of doing a trial to elevate my T3 and T4 she wants me to go to a rheumatologist next and look for Multilple Schlerosis and Lupus.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Cynthia C Leigh - Posted on July 21st, 2012
Dr. Leigh made me feel at ease. She explained what was going on with my thyroid, how the medicine I was on was affecting my thyroid, and what we needed to do to get me feeling better. She also told me why it was important to use only Synthroid not a generic because there is a difference. I was very impressed with her knowledge. She didn't rush me. We set up follow through labs. I will only need to see her again if there's the need. Otherwise, my family doctor can monitor my dosage. I would gladly recommend Dr. Leigh to anyone who is looking for an excellent endocronologist/internist.
Dr. Leigh is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Cynthia C Leigh Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
More about Dr. Cynthia C Leigh
Cynthia Leigh Cynthia Campbell Leigh, MD, is a board-certified endocrinologist with special interest in the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of diabetes mellitus and thyroid disease. (10/10)
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cynthia C Leigh is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Oshkosh, WI.