Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia L Shughrue
Dr. Cynthia L Shughrue, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Shughrue is affiliated with Texas Institute For Surgery Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Shughrue has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia L Shughrue has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 43
Dr. Cynthia L. Shughrue has been my family primary care physician for many years now. She has always provided us the absolute best care, advice and treatment during every visit and on every issue. Dr.Shughrue is very medically knowledgeable in which she treats the whole person, and takes the time to be caring even while maintaining the demands of her office. I have notice that her staff is doing the best they can with overwhelming demands of her office because she is forever growing.
I saw her in the early 1990s when she was practicing with Dr. Karen Gillum in Mesquite. I told her, among other things, that I had 24 ear infections in 2 years and ended up hospitalized for dehydration one year before my visit with her. She didn't care about illnesses with symptoms. All she cared about was preventive medicine: the blood pressure cuff, cancer screening, etc. She wasn't interested in keeping me out of the hospital. I was livid when I was told she required a Pap smear every 6 months. I have lived long enough to see the ACOG admit that annual Pap tests are excessive. So she went to Brazil and she's back in Dallas now! I am stunned at those of you who like her! She associates herself wit anti-aging medicine now. That's profitable quackery!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2011, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shughrue is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Kansas City University Of Medicine And Biosciences
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Cynthia L Shughrue accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCynthia Lynne Shughrue Do, 8220 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 516, Dallas, TX
Dr. Cynthia L Shughrue is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.