Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dan C Rice
Dr. Dan C Rice, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rice is affiliated with St Davids South Austin Medical Center and Seton Medical Center Austin. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Dan C Rice has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dan C Rice has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Movement Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 7
Coming back to Austin and Dr. Rice
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dan C Rice - Posted on June 20th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dan C Rice - Posted on September 20th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dan C Rice - Posted on September 23rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dan C Rice - Posted on April 22nd, 2015
AN RN COMMENTS ON SERVICES !
Self-verified patient of Dr. Dan C Rice - Posted on November 2nd, 2010
I found the office staff and procedures set up for efficiency which they definitely are ! Unfortunately, any attempts at deviating from their routine seems to throw them into a tizzy - Frankly, I did not have a problem with it though. The staff in the procedure area were excellent - personable, efficient and highly competent. Having a Board certified Anesthesiologist overseeing the care provided is a reassuring factor as well. Dr. Rice is competent, thorough and personable - I would recommend him and the practice for services in this specialty.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rice is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1981
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Dan C Rice Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dan C Rice, MD - Gastroenterology in Austin, TX, in this video.
Dr. Dan C Rice is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.