Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dan Sotirescu has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dan Sotirescu has the following 20 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Colon Cancer
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Blood Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hepatitis C
- Blood Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Dan Sotirescu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Sotirescu the most caring, compassionate, fun loving Dr I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. His bedside manner is awesome! I always get a hug from him and so does my family when they are able to attend my appointments. My family adores him as do I. He has stayed on top of my progress and makes me feel like I'm his favorite patient! I don't know what the other bad reviews are about, maybe they had him on an off day or something. But they way they are describing him is not the way I've been treated!
Wow, I cannot BELIEVE the horrible things that were said about Dr. Dan. This CANNOT be the same doctor! I met him in a hospital stay and he suggested I get an appointment with him after he had done a lot of bloodwork on me. I went and he hugged me when he walked in the door! And when I left! He offered me a treatment that would help my physical condition and I readily accepted his offer. It worked and I absolutely owe him a debt of gratitude for being the most carring, considerate doctor I have EVER encountered in my medical history. He is nothing less then a compassionate awesome man dedicated to the well being of all of his patients. Yes, he was late for my appointment too, and yes, he was on the phone...but if that were my mom or my sister on the phone, I indeed would leave the man alone. It was well worth the wait to have this tall delightful doctor hug me when he came in and tell me my problem was NOT cancer. And if his nurse really made those statements to you, she should be dismissed of her duties with him. NO ONE should EVER say rude things to a doctor who cares enough about his patients to spend a little more time with them. Emergencies are just that, EMERGENCIES. They are unplanned and sometimes we all get caught up in a doctors schedule that has subjected us to the late, later, and latest appointment. Call your doctor before you leave the house and see if he's running late. If they are, reschedule! Don't complain! If it were you this doctor was on the phone with I'll bet a billion you wouldn't say to him, "Gee doc, you'd better stop telling me about other options for my cancer treatment now and go take care of your scheduled patients..." God Bless Dr. Dan Sotirescu.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Dan Sotirescu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
Locations & DirectionsCancer Care Associates Of York, 25 Monument Rd Ste 294, York, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dan Sotirescu in this video.
Dr. Dan Sotirescu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near York, PA.