Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dana Andersen
Dr. Dana Andersen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with other offices in Baltimore, MD and Baltimore, MD . He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and General Surgery. Dr. Andersen is affiliated with Yale-New Haven Hospital and UMass Memorial Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Dana Andersen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Andersen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Yale-New Haven Hospital
UMass Memorial Medical Center
41 Years Experience
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Dana Andersen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dana Andersen in this video.
Dr. Dana Andersen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.