- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel T Hoeltgen has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Daniel T Hoeltgen has the following 4 expertise
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Breast Cancer
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
27 Years Experience
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Daniel T Hoeltgen Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Daniel T Hoeltgen
Dr. Hoeltgen attended Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago, Illinois. He completed his internship and residency at the University of Illinois Metropolitan Group Hospitals surgery program in Chicago. He is a cum laude graduate of Duke University in Durham, North Carolina. Dr. Hoeltgen is a diplomate of the American Board of Surgery, a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and a member of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery, just to name a few. He has been in private practice since 1998. Dr. Hoeltgen has a special interest in advanced laparoscopic surgery, robotic surgery and bariatric surgery. He is the only surgeon in Illinois and one of only a handful of surgeons in the world who performs totally robotic laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. He also has significant experience in multiple other advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgical techniques. Dr. Hoeltgen serves as a faculty member for several large laparoscopic surgery companies, teaching other fully trained surgeons advanced laparoscopic and robotic surgical procedures, including gastric bypass. Dr. Hoeltgen is a native of Chicago, and resides with his wife and twin daughters in the northwest suburbs.