Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel S Horwitz has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Daniel S Horwitz has the following 14 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Surgery
Dr. Daniel S Horwitz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Daniel S Horwitz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Kind and knowledgable doctor, though I felt that I was not a priority patient. Some of my questions were not answered clearly, and I often felt rushed and prompted to be on my way out the door. I had issues with a complicated leg fracture and wish I had gotten more specialized, dedicated care. He is a fine doctor, though not top-of-the-line.
In late Feb 2006 I crashed while racing snowmobiles, when I crashed I pushed the femur on my right leg through my Acetabulum shattering that along with my pelvis. Dr. Horwitz put me back together to within mm of where I should have been naturally. I can't say enough good about him. His bedside manner is awesome, I couldn't have ever asked for someone better. Every time I asked him a question he was up front honest, pulled no punches, and blew no smoke up my rear. After I was released from the hospital and had started physical therapy my next appointment with Dr. Horwitz he asked what exercises the therapist had me doing and when I told him about the lying on my back and lifting my leg up off the table, he just about had a heart attack and said I was not to be doing any exercise of the sort. He immediately got on the phone called the therapist office and spoke to him in a very firm tone telling him that he was going to cause me even more injury and pain if he continued. He then sent me with a list of approved by him exercises to give to the therapist. My most Sincere thanks to Dr. Horwitz.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
28 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Daniel S Horwitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsGeisinger Medical Center, 100 N Academy Ave, Danville, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel S Horwitz in this video.
Dr. Daniel S Horwitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, PA.