Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel L May has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Like dr may...gone to him for 20 years. Not a huge fan of staff and how office is run. Always seems to be some sort of confusion. Front office comes across very cold. Really like the doctors.....but they need to make their office operate in a more fluid manner and invest in hiring more experienced people.....doesn't seem like they have ever been able to pull it together.... number one complaint I hear about their office. because of this...I no longer recommend them to family..,friends etc.
Dr. May is very good except he never seems overly conserned about any health issue. Maybe he does this with a purpose though. THE FRONT DESK STAFF IS EXTREMLEY RUDE!!! As you walk in they start to avoid making any eye contact, and then when they do acknowledge you, it's always condesending.
Dr. May is a caring doctor that I have been seeing for 18 years. However, his nurse is something else. Last time I was there she treated me rudely because she could not get an accurate blood pressure reading. They are not equiped to handle larger arms (no I am not enormous but I do have large arms). Lacks, lacks lacks compassion. I am seriously considering switching. Also, even though I am in a PPO, I feel like I am treated as if I am an in HMO. Last year, I had a serious medical issue, but it took months to get him to run the tests needed to diagnose. I had to suffer severe pain for over a month while we tried all the "cheap" solutions (none of which worked)Finally be prepared to wait on hold FOREVER with the front desk while making an appointment (over 15 minutes is standard). And, the nurse does not call back for days if you leave a message about a medical question
The front office can be slightly abrupt at times. They do handle all of the docs that practice there. Dr. May has his own staff but they are not accessible from the front office. I have always had my calls returned quickly and they have always been able to squeeze me in. His PA leaves a lot to be desired though. She does not listen to what you say or why you are there.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. May is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Presbyterian Intercomm Hospital
Dr. Daniel L May accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCaduceus Physicians Medical Group, 18300 Yorba Linda Blvd Ste 204, Yorba Linda, CA
Dr. Daniel L May is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yorba Linda, CA.