Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel V Spurlock has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Daniel V Spurlock has the following 13 expertise
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
Dr. Daniel V Spurlock is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Spurlock is a VERY compassionate man who REALLY cares about his patient's WELL being. He is VERY professional acting and respects his Patients. I WOULD recommend him to ANYONE who NEEDS help coping with their mental/emotional problems. Not ONLY is He a GOOD doctor but he is also a GOOD Christian.
Yes, Dr.Spurlock was hard to get an appointment with.Yes,I had to wait a while to get in to see him when I arrived at my appointments.If it wouldn't have been for him diagnosing me with Adult ADHD I would have gone crazy by now.Other doctors had me on every drug there was for depression.He gave me a test and discovered that my problem was and always has been a severe case of ADHD.After starting the medication he prescribed my intire life changed.I felt like I wasn't a confussed idiot anymore.He also helped me thru the loss of my husband which without his kind words and guidance I think I would have givin up! I would highly recommend him to anyone!!!!!
After having to be on a waiting list I have been with Dr. Spurlock for 3-4 years. To recommend a county doctor says enough about the criticism. He's beenthe best ever and really pays attention to my needs. My wife is very impressed. Yes, you miss an appointment without calling you are just rude. I've had to cancel and they were great.He never brings his life to work,,,thats just mean! They are in hard demand to get into so there is a reason..There GREAT! They have moved and expanded their office and are attempting to be more open for new patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
12 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Daniel V Spurlock accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daniel V Spurlock is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.