Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel E Zelac
Dr. Daniel E Zelac, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Zelac is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla and Sharp Memorial Hospital. Dr. Zelac has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel E Zelac has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Zelac was highly recommend by my internist. I was very disappointed in his care. He is arrogant, dismissive and distant. While he and his assistant removed a cyst from my abdomen, they both talked over me about a James Bond movie. I was just a piece of meat to be attended to. His assistant removed the stitches in a subsequent appointment. He never came in to see how I was. I would never return to his office. He is one of the worst doctors I have ever met.
Dr. Zelac is an exceptional physician who provided me with superb care. I was seen for a basal cell cancer of the face and not only did I have a great experience with his office staff, including everyone from the front office to the nursing staff, but I would say that (with the understanding that I was there for a skin cancer), I enjoyed my time at the office. I felt completely cared for as I was offered a warm blanket during the procedure and was repeatedly asked how I was doing. Both Dr. Zelac and his surgical staff were very accomodating and personable. I had all of my questions answered completely and thoroughly and I never felt rushed. After removing the cancer, he fixed the area, and I get many compliements on the scar. Overall, I have the utmost confidence in Dr. Zelac and if I ever need a similar surgery, I wouldn't go to anyone else.
I felt more like a bank deposit rather than a patient. After removing skin cancer he just left the room. No discussion about how it went, how it looked, or confidence of the outcome. Nothing. He just left without saying anything to me. He came across as arrogant, impersonal, indifferent and uncaring. I will not go to him again.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Zelac is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Daniel E Zelac accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Center For Integrative Medicine, 10820 N Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel E Zelac in this video.
Dr. Daniel E Zelac is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.