Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daphne E Hemmings has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Daphne E Hemmings has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Daphne E Hemmings has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Daphne E Hemmings is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I arrived at Queen's ER in serious pain. After general work up Dr. Hemmings came to talk about what she was seeing and her plan. She clearly did not want to perform unnecessary surgery but all signs said OR was necessary and she calmly explained why. I could sense her concern but also her confidence that was not more than she could handle. She tried laparoscopic approach but the problem was bigger than she could safely complete that way. Post-op visits she patiently answered all of my questions and never implied that I wouldn't understand. Warm, respectful, obviously smart...I feel very very fortunate that it was Dr. Hemmings on duty when I came in.
I came into the ER and the surgeon on-call happened to be Dr. Hemmings. She explained everything VERY well and put me at ease. She is thorough and attentive. I always worry that surgeons will automatically want to send you to the operating room and it was very clear that that was not her intention. There is no doubt in my mind that she is conservative and wants the best for you. She gave me choices... I also had no doubt that she wants the best for me. And the icing on the cake is that she has the best bedside manner. Highly recommend her. I also did my homework and spoke to others and their experience with her has also been as positive as mine.
18 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Daphne E Hemmings accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAcute Care Medical Services, 550 S Beretania St Ste 509, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Daphne E Hemmings is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.