Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darren Payne has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Macular Degeneration
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Lasik Surgery
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 23
I am diabetic went to Dr. Payne for a checkup at the suggestion of my endocrinologist. I was given a thorough eye exam and he told me I have the start of cataracts in both eyes, but surgery is not needed at this time. He seemed to be willing to spend the time needed to get a good diagnosis of my condition. I saw no evidence of rudeness or incompetence as some others have suggested.
Dr. Darren Payne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMullis Eye Institute, 1600 Jenks Ave, Panama City, FL
Dr. Darren Payne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Panama City, FL.