Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Darryl S Fernandes
Dr. Darryl S Fernandes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Normal, IL. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Fernandes is affiliated with Advocate BroMenn Medical Center. Dr. Fernandes has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Darryl S Fernandes has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
Dr. Darryl S Fernandes has the following 16 expertise
- Rectal Bleeding
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Bowel Resection
- Colorectal Surgery
- Abdominal Pain
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Rectal Pain
Dr. Darryl S Fernandes has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
rThree years ago he saved my life. While the other doctors wanted to wait until my blood sugar levels were down. He insisted on taking care of me immediately. The result was not only saving my life but limiting the damage from the infection. Had he waited I would have had severe damage to vital organs. Since then he has taken care of my colonscopy needs. I recommend him often to people at my church, my college and work place. I know of several satisfied patients who think he is the best.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Fernandes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Carle Foundation Hospital
Dr. Darryl S Fernandes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAmg General And Colorectal Surgical Associates Of Central Illinois, 1300 Franklin Ave Ste 210, Normal, IL
Dr. Darryl S Fernandes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Normal, IL.