Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Darryl B Rhyne has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Darryl B Rhyne has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Darryl B Rhyne has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Rhyne was my family doctor for many years. I had no real health concerns other than the fact I was a 2+ pack per day smoker. Each year at my physical a chest x-ray was ordered and "something" was seen presumably "scar tissue." This was ignored and my next follow up appointment scheduled...only to repeat time after time. After many important concerns were ignored, I decided to switch providers. I actually saw a nurse practitioner, who again ordered a chest x-ray, saw the abnormal finding, promptly ordered a CT scan, followed by a PET scan, and the eventual diagnosis of stage 3A lung cancer. If only this had been further investigated it would have been caught before it metastasized. Just something to consider before following with this provider.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
25 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
University Of South Alabama Health System
Dr. Darryl B Rhyne accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Darryl B Rhyne in this video.
Dr. Darryl B Rhyne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near King, NC.