Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daryl W Mitchell
Dr. Daryl W Mitchell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Shreveport, LA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Mitchell is affiliated with Willis-Knighton South & The Center for Women's Health. Dr. Mitchell has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Daryl W Mitchell has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Mitchell is excellent. He's been my GYN for 20 years. His bedside manner is awesome. He talks to you and explains everything. He asks about your family and the kids he's helped to bring in the world. He checks on every aspect of your life and he does it with a smile. He also fusses a little if you haven't done what you're supposed to do with your health but it's always out of a place of caring. I wouldn't trade him for another doctor ever. He's the best.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mitchell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1980
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Daryl W Mitchell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMontgomery & Mitchell, 2508 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop Ste 401, Shreveport, LA
Dr. Daryl W Mitchell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Shreveport, LA.