Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. David A Ansel has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Developmental - Behavioral Pediatrics
Dr. David A Ansel has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 2 of 12
Brilliant but Quirky
Self-verified patient of Dr. David A Ansel - Posted on February 1st, 2016
Dr. Ansel is a brilliant clinician but he can be a bit direct, perhaps rude, in talking with parents. He knows his stuff, but he is not sentimental or gentle in his manner with parents. He is direct and to the point. If you are tough enough to take that, 99% of the time he's right on the mark with his diagnosis. He accurately diagnosed my child when her symptoms and test results were very confusing to us. However, he was not one to talk to or to process the difficult diagnosis with us. If you want a doctor who is smart, he's the one. If you want one who will hold your hand and offer you a tissue, he's not the one.
poor bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. David A Ansel - Posted on January 11th, 2010
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Cairo
Graduated in 1984
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. David A Ansel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- First Health PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. David A Ansel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Palo Alto, CA.