Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David A Brosman
Dr. David A Brosman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hilton Head Island, SC. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Brosman is affiliated with Hilton Head Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David A Brosman has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. David A Brosman has the following 6 expertise
- Back Pain
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
Dr. David A Brosman is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
Dr brosman was understanding to my situation and he listen to my concerns and offer other means to help me with my back problems.
He has been my Dr since 2002. Has always taken my calls after hours. Has met me in his office on weekends to avoid me going to ER. He comes across as hard nose, but he actually has a big heart. I've personally seen him help people financially that was in desperate need. I would never leave his practice.
Dr. Brosman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsPain Management Experts, 11 Hospital Center Cmns Ste 100, Hilton Head Island, SC
Dr. David A Brosman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hilton Head Island, SC.