Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David Z Chee has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
I came across Dr David Chee's Profile on healthgrades/vitals and Valley Care Physicians list and thus decided on going ahead with this guy. Had my first check up, kind of slow conversation for a first time, seems aloof of what patient wants the doctor to listen or know, he misses an eye contact which itself is an indication that he wants to get done of it soon! I was then diagnosed with thyroid illness and given a medicine for the rest of the life. This guy didn't explain terms for me, food/diet or even the medication composition or intake as it suggested on the box (no calcium/no iron in 4 hours, etc.), he does not take time to even hear me out on my queries. Suddenly he calls up again after my blood tests, thyroid levels have worsened further so he says" We wll increase your dose/concentration and do a blood test again in some week..." thats it, by the time I absorb the fact all over again, he was out and the line dead! Come on, I am your patient paying you money for my health, you have to listen to me, ask me if I have questions or may be I missed medication or other stuff, forget about day-to-day life... he just doesn't care. Probably he has lot of patients and need some to space out, may be this time I should volunteer and make room for him to breathe and behave the way a Doctor in real sense should behave. Completely dissappointed in this one!
I have been seeing Dr. Chee for over 12 years now. Some may say Dr. Chee is not friendly or even has a cold bedside manor. But I beg to differ. He is quiet and just needs a little nudge to come out of his shell! He has never failed to help me out in any medical treatment I have needed. He follows up personally and really does care! I love this doctor!!
Dr. Chee has been a total disaster for me. I was diagnosed with Diabetes but had to change doctors because of a change in insurance plans at my job. I randomly selected Dr. Chee and I have been appalled at how incompetent he and his office staff have been. He never renews prescriptions even if they are faxed multiple times from my pharmacy, and if you try to reach him his office staff will either promise to call you back, (which they never do), or act rude and tell you that you should have notified them sooner, even if the faxes started being sent a week ago. One time I had to demand that someone renew the prescription because the medicine was critical and I had already gotten a weeks worth of pills forwarded from my pharmacy. I finally spoke to a doctor that seemed equally angry at me and Dr. Chee, who apparently does this all too frequently.In person Dr. Chee will always forget what he told you, so you have to remind him before you leave or have to drive back to make sure you get the right prescriptions and referrals. (He seems more concerned with inputting information into his laptop which he struggles with.)One time when my blood lab work was sent to him he told me he accidentally pressed a button which erased my file from his laptop and he forgot my name so he had no way of contacting me. It was not until my scheduled appointment a month later that he gave me the news of his concerns with blood work from the previous month.It would actually be laughable if it wasn't so annoying. I am now switching doctors after 6 months and I am so glad that I do not have a more serious medical condition in his hands. Do yourself a favor and choose someone else. (I do not know how any of the other doctors are in his office, but his staff has been both incompetent and rude. The person who was supposed to show me how to take my blood sugar seemed completely disinterested and when I tried to replicate her instructions at home I was unsuccessful until I read all of the instructions in the package.)
I have been seeing Dr. Chee for more than ten years and I never experienced such rough treatment by his new medical assistance or nurse until today. I have no choice but to change Doctor at a different office. When I complained for long wait time, his MA confronted me if I want my treatment or not. Very bad manner from a nurse.
Dr. Chee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Marys Hospital Medical Center (San Francisco Ca)
Dr. David Z Chee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsValley Care Medical Foundation, 5575 W Las Positas Blvd Ste 130, Pleasanton, CA
Dr. David Z Chee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pleasanton, CA.