Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David F Dieteman has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
Our experience with Dr. Dieteman is mixed. The doctor is a kind, patient, competent man who clearly cares for his patients' well-being. Unfortunately, the administration of his office is among the worst I have ever experienced. It is nearly impossible to get someone there to answer the phone, most times it either rings busy or plays a recorded message. It is not possible to leave a message. The office takes an extended lunch break each day, and the phones are not answered during that time. On several occasions it has literally taken me days to get a actual person to answer the phone there. Very disappointing...
I saw Dr. Dieteman in 2007-8 for what he diagnosed as eczema. Not only were my waits in his office painfully long but he caused me heart palpitations when he told me I could take 3-4 tabs of 10 mg loratadine aka; Claritin a day. Looking back this was not even the worst, he misdiagnosed my "eczema", I in fact have dishydrosis. This is tiny itchy blisters on my hands & feet. It is commonly associated with celiacs disease. There is a pill that can completely get rid of the itchy blisters or you can go gluten free. Unfortunately I suffered with the itchy blisters for 4 more years. I would say a person is better off just searching for the symptom & cure online rather than going to see Dr. Dieteman, considering the long waits in his waiting room I endured it would probably save you time as well as a misdiagnosis
Dr. Dieteman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Detroit Receiving Hospital
Dr. David F Dieteman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDavid F Dieteman Md Inc, 3190 Glenwood Park Ave, Erie, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David F Dieteman in this video.
Dr. David F Dieteman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Erie, PA.