Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David E Curtis has the following 1 specialty
Dr. David E Curtis has the following 4 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. David E Curtis has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 17
This has no reflection of Dr Curtis work, expierence etc. we had an appointment called in before the appointment time to advise we were stuck in traffic. The receptionist very nice, I might add, asked if we would hold on and she would check if dr Curtis could still see me. She returned to say we should be fine to still come in . It was hard to estimate how long. Our appointment was at 330 we arrived at 4. The nurse, not the receptionist said he can't see you it's to late. The receptionist said to the nurse I told you he was running late. The nurse said not that late. We had driven 1 1:2 hours. They could not reschedule until February 5th at this location. Not much empathy for their clients. I wonder if Dr Curtis even realized this happened. Very poor.
I should have posted this a while ago, this Doctor saved my daughters life. She had emergency surgery at Midstate Medical Center and was sent to Hartford Hospital to Dr.Curtis's care for more surgery. He did a phenomenal surgery and she had a great outcome thanks to his expertise. I will forever be grateful for his gifted hands, in fact I had to kiss them ,for without his hands and his talent and knowledge things would probably have been different. Thank you Dr. Curtis, you are a true blessing and we appreciated everything you did. Great Doctor, I highly recommend him.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Curtis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. David E Curtis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Surgical Group General Surgery, 85 Seymour St Ste 415, Hartford, CT
Dr. David E Curtis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hartford, CT.