Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Friel MD
Dr. David M Friel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Linwood, NJ. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Friel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. David M Friel has the following 13 expertise
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
Showing 3 of 3
Very Understanding, Very Easy To Talk To
Self-verified patient of Dr. David M Friel - Posted on May 4th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. David M Friel - Posted on March 3rd, 2014
Revolving Door Psychiatry
Self-verified patient of Dr. David M Friel - Posted on February 8th, 2012
The waiting room was full. Every 15 minutes a patient would go in, a short time later they were out - like a revolving door. I probably could have set my watch by how long it took him to sit them down, ask how they are doing, and then write out another Rx or hand out free samples. He is just a glorified, legal drug dealer in an environment that ends up feeling more like a free clinic vs a professional psychicatric office. For the inital evaluation I was with him for an entire 15 minutes. He asked me questions that were unrelated/irrelevant to my situation, plus he didn't listen to me when I told him that I'd prefer a different Rx that I would be more comfortable with (I'm sure he's getting a kick-back from a drug company). The front desk handed me a plastic Acme bag of drug samples (Acme bag - classy) to take with me, along with verbal instructions. I have good insurance, so I don't need free samples for a drug I know nothing about, and after researching it, will not be taking. A prescription for a drug that I'm willing to take would have sufficed. Certainly his office will be billing my insurance company for the entire 50 minute session when I only received 15 minutes of his time. Gotta love the big black hole of Cumberland County for this kind of medical professionalism.
32 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. David M Friel Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. David M Friel's office for more information.
2021 New Rd Ste 15A Linwood, NJ : (856) 451-5511
Locations & DirectionsDAVID MICHAEL FRIEL MD, 2021 New Rd Ste 15A, Linwood, NJ
Dr. David M Friel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Linwood, NJ.