Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Francis
Dr. David Francis, MD, PHD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Francis is affiliated with Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Garland, Baylor University Medical Center and Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas. He speaks English.
Dr. David Francis has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. David Francis is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Francis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Garland
Baylor University Medical Center
Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas
Children's Medical Center of Dallas
ETMC Behavioral Health Center
Medical Center of Plano
UT Southwestern Medical Center/William P Clements Jr University Hospital
Medical City Dallas Hospital
Parkland Memorial Hospital
Texas Health Presbyterian Allen
Lake Pointe Medical Center
Parkland Health & Hospital System
UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
UT Southwestern University Hospital - Zale Lipshy
24 Years Experience
St. John's Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. David Francis accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsUT Southwestern Medical Center/William P Clements Jr University Hospital, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Dr. David Francis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.