Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David E Haines
Dr. David E Haines, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Royal Oak, MI. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Haines is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. Dr. Haines has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David E Haines has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David E Haines has the following 23 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Paroxysmal Tachycardia
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Flutter
- Rapid Heart Beat (Tachycardia)
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Coronary Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Dr. David E Haines has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
I am writing to highly recommend Dr. David Haines. I have an autonomic dysfunction and he cared enough to remember me when he was attending a conference with one of his colleagues and as a result recommended a therapy that worked for me for over 15 years. He will treat you correctly and keeps a view of the big picture when doing so.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Haines is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1980
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. David E Haines accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeaumont Hospital Royal Oak, 3601 W 13 Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David E Haines in this video.
Dr. David E Haines is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Royal Oak, MI.