Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. James D Harris has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 20
I would not reccommend this doctor to any new mothers giving birth for the first time. I was very astonished at how rude, and disconcerned Dr.Harris was at my bedside while giving birth. I was mocked, yelled at, and told to "Shut Up" while having labor pains after all of my medicine had worn off. (Including my Epidural) Thankfully my baby was born healthy and without defects; however, I was told to "Hold my legs together, and not push." for over 30 minutes (my baby was close to crowning) while we waiting for Dr.Harris to come and deliver my baby. Also, to make matters worse, after delivery when it was time to remove the placenta, my stomach was massaged on maybe 5-10 minutes. Instead of trying to reach in and remove the placenta, or trying to massage longer, Dr. Harris simply grabbed his knife and cut me open. I am now with stiches and had bleeding problems through the night that needed nurses to watch because of an insision that was not neccessary in my opinion. Plus, I was made to stay in my delivery room (which was covered in blood on the floors and surrounding areas) while I waiting over 4 hours for my resting room. Please save your self and your future babies from this kind of environment. Their are plenty of other hospitals with crediable doctors.
26 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1992
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. James D Harris accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Health At Waters Edge, 7 Medical Park, Valley, AL
Dr. James D Harris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valley, AL.