Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David J Downs has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Instead a Physician assistant, Kendra, very pleasant, yet, a Pa or PO ordered x rays and diagnosed my knee. Gave me a shot and general answers to my questions. Now has ordered three lubricant shots otherwise surgery, yet no detail. My knee is not that bad, have discomfort but I can go up and down stairs and on rough terrains. Still waiting to have a detailed talk with Dr Downs
I had had shoulder discomfort for three years from a golf injury. I had tried different modalities of treatment, such as injections, meds, and PT. Dr. Downs finally suggested an operation to repair the supraspinatus tendon tear in my rotator cuff. Dr. Downs told me the recovery would take several weeks. However, when he went in, he reduced the surgery to a subacromial decompression and just scraped away all the scar tissue and shaved the bone instead of repairing the tear--a much easier surgery with minimal down time. The recovery is going SO well. I am in so little discomfort now. He is amazing, and I really appreciate his professionalism, expertise, and knowledge. The only thing I might say that's not so good is that he was not as warm and personable as he could've been.
16 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. David J Downs accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David J Downs in this video.
Dr. David J Downs is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Yorba Linda, CA.