Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Faulk
Dr. David J Faulk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brunswick, GA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Faulk is affiliated with Southeast Georgia Health System-Camden Campus. Dr. Faulk has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Faulk has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. David J Faulk has the following 14 expertise
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
Dr. David J Faulk has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 35
I moved my older brother here from out of state. He resides in a senior care facility, and cannot manage his health care. I made an appointment at the Kingsland office. We met with PA Tamsyn O'Flynn right on time. She was very thorough in her questions, so she could get an accurate picture of my brother's needs. She was documenting what she heard, and she carefully studied the medications. She also administered an injection my brother needs every two weeks. The PA and office staff worked very well together. A couple of weeks after the appointment, staff from the senior care facility said they needed a renewal on one of my brother's prescriptions, they were down to only a few days worth of dosages. I called the Kingsland office and requested a prescription, only to learn there was extensive protocol that had to followed in order for the PA, and any physician to be certified to write a prescription the pharmaceutical company would honor. A test is a required part of the protocol. The PA and the office staff worked diligently over two days to meet the requirements and get the drug to my brother. I very much appreciate their diligence.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Faulk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Mercer University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
William S Hall Psychiatric Institute
Dr. David J Faulk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsDavid J Faulk Md, 1606 Gloucester St, Brunswick, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David J Faulk in this video.
Dr. David J Faulk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brunswick, GA.