Grass Pollen Allergy
Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy, including the types of grass that cause it, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David J Novak
Dr. David J Novak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Novak is affiliated with Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Novak has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. David J Novak has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I saw Dr. Novak for two minutes. He asked me if I had indicated that I had a fractured hand when I made the appointment. I said of course I had. (I had x-rays taken at an urgent care center prior to this appointment.) He told me he could not treat me and that I would need to come back tomorrow when a hand specialist would be in the office. Fine. Annoying but fine. The kicker is that Dr. Novak charged me for that visit. His office scheduled me incorrectly, he didn't treat me, my time was wasted but yet he charged me.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Novak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. David J Novak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCommonwealth Orthopaedics, 3620 Joseph Siewick Dr Ste 100, Fairfax, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David J Novak in this video.
Dr. David J Novak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.