Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David L Brown
Dr. David L Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX, with another office in Dallas, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland. Dr. Brown has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David L Brown has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David L Brown has the following 17 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Muscle Pain (Intermittent Claudication)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. David L Brown has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David L Brown is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. David L Brown at Stony Brook is the best interventional cardiologist in New York and probably in the country. He listens and gives very personalized attention to you. Unlike many doctors, he takes time to explain treatments-and you never feel rushed when you see him. He gives you his e-mail address, and calls you personally to offer suggestions and give you advice regarding treatments. He quickly responds to any questions you may have. He is by far the most knowledgeable and most compassionate cardiologist, I have ever been to. He is also one of the few specialists that I have ever had-who really seems to care about his patients. If you want compassionate, skilled, personalized treatment, he is the cardiologist I recommend!
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1977
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. David L Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Brown in this video.
Dr. David L Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.