Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David L Keller
Dr. David L Keller, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lomita, CA, with another office in Torrance, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Keller is affiliated with Providence Little Co of Mary Medical Center Torrance, Torrance Memorial Medical Center and Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital. Dr. Keller has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David L Keller has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Parkinson Disease
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
This doctor is a great diagnostician -- so lucckyto have him as my primary.
Dr. Keller is a brilliant doctor. He has been my internist for about 10 years. He is very scientific and thorough in his analysis of all medical problems and keeps up on the latest research and developments. Even though we don't agree on the rocommendations for the PSA test (I accept the latest wisdom to no longer do it, he doesn't) we can discuss it and share viewpoints.
I selected Dr Keller several years ago to be my primary care doctor and experience in treating Type 2 Diabetes. I looked at his undergraduate degree and technical work experience at JPL before entering med school, and I looked at his internship as part of the criteria in trying him out as a replacement to my USAF doctor. I concluded he was an intelligent person with the knowledge/ability to handle my needs.He is very knowledgeable and proficient in treating my needs. I like his knowledge of the required medications and how they work together to control my diabetes. He has also been very good at getting me to specialists when needed to take care of other needs requiring more vertical care. I have discussed other clinic padmin roblems (that seem beyond his responsibilities) that bother me (i.e., LCOM clinic staff failure to keep my med charts correct, failure to send cys of lab reports to the specialists I see or to post their reports in my file for Dr Keller). Dr Keller has taken a direct role in resolving these host clinic problems.
Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I will continue to work to improve the office experience for you.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Keller is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Dr. David L Keller accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David L Keller in this video.
Dr. David L Keller is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lomita, CA.