Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Leff has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 23
I genuinely wanted to see Dr Leff, as he came very highly recommended. Due to family emergency I had to r/s my appt. The staff was very rude. I recently had another issue with my schedule and called to r/s with receptionist Hannah. She was also very rude. Today I received a call today stating I'd missed my appt. I explained the r/s yesterday and receptionist Kelly argued with me! I won't be seeing this well-recommended Dr due to his EXTREMELY RUDE staff! I cancelled and will see another Dr.
Having had Hep C for many years, I had heard of some medication that was fairly easy to take to eliminate the virus. He touted himself as being the best and having basically inside info on a new once a day pill that I should wait for that was even easier than what I was asking for. I was prescribed the medication and subsequently had pain in my side. He immediately sent me to the ER stating he really knew nothing about the drug. Of course, neither did the ER. I was on the medication for 12 weeks and half way through wanted to quit because of ringing in the ears. After sending me for a test for hearing loss which was negative he said it was ok to continue. I subsequently had lung issues, heart issues, vertigo, and headache. He called a couple of times to see what had been determined. I let me know that nothing had been determined as yet the last time I spoke with him. The last I heard, which was three months ago, his MA called to tell me the blood test I had showed I was cured. There was no further communication or question as to how I was feeling or any discussion of follow up. I now have tinnitus, constant headache, vertigo, neuropathy, breathing issues and irregular heartbeat. I have spent most of my time going to specialists to see what damage Harvoni has done to see if it can be remedied. For someone who said this was the greatest new drug, his follow-up in my opinion has been pathetic. I would not recommend him to anyone.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Leff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1991
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. David B Leff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCentral Arizona Medical Associates, 3638 E Southern Ave # C, Mesa, AZ
Dr. David B Leff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesa, AZ.