Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David Manion has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Acne Rosacea
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
I have been seeing Doctor Manion for 5 years. I have an annual "Skin Check" but I call it an annual SPOT check. he has removed several suspect mark/moles/freckles that he did not want to take any chances on. He is polite and his staff is very accomodating. He even comes in early so that I dont have to miss work. Like before 07:00 hours. I cannot say enough and I wish that all my Doctors were as good as Doctor Manion .
I generally like most of the people who work at Main Line Dermatology, and to his credit, Dr. Manion seems like a sweet person. However, I am still upset by the sloppy, scarring mole excision he performed upon me.About three years ago, I became worried about a relatively small mole (perhaps four millimeters in diameter) on my right arm, and had it inspected by Dr. Manion. I had had other, larger moles excised by different doctors in the past, with minimal scarring. However, Dr. Manion--without diagnosing whether the mole was at all cancerous, merely concluding that it was "suspicious"--cut a huge chunk out of my arm (about an inch in diameter), which has not healed or faded. To this day I have an inch-long keloid scar; the smaller scars left behind by every one of the sutures are still visible. Many of my friends have had much larger moles excised, but none have scars like mine. After waiting in vain for years for this scar to heal, I have recently decided to pursue MORE surgery for scar lightening. In short, I would seriously caution against letting this man perform your dermatological or cosmetic surgery.
My daughter was concerned about a lesion on her back that had changed in appearance. I contacted Main Line Dermatology and was given an appointment for her the same week. The receptionist and nurses could not have been nicer and really put my daughter at ease. Best of all, Dr. Manion took time to explain what he was doing and why. He was gentle and made what might have been stressful for my daughter a great experience. I highly recommend Dr. Manion and Main Line Dermatology.
Dr. Manion is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 2002
Dr. David Manion accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AmeriHealth HMO, POS, DPOS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. David Manion is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wayne, PA.