More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Chan
Dr. David Chan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Peoria, IL. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Chan is affiliated with Presence Covenant Medical Center, OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and Carle Foundation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. David Chan has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Catheterization
- Pregnancy Complications
- SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
While trying to describe my symptoms and explain my diet, I was SHUSHED. He didn't read over my past labs at all! When asked to elaborate upon a diet that would help with my condition, he was very vague and just told me to eat pretzels. This doctor really didn't seem to care for my well-being, and despite following his advice, I'm still feeling miserable. Perhaps he was simply having a bad day, but he certainly didn't help me at all.
Dr. Chan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Presence Covenant Medical Center
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
Carle Foundation Hospital
St Francis Hospital
UnityPoint Proctor Hospital
27 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. David Chan accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOSF Saint Francis Medical Center, 530 NE Glen Oak Ave, Peoria, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David Chan in this video.
Dr. David Chan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Peoria, IL.