Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David R Faber II has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental Disorders
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 23
While my child really like Dr. Faber, as a mother, he was very disrespectful, short and impatient with my questions as well as my desire to understand what was going on with my child. He was very loose with switching up medications and got annoyed when I would ask questions about it. He told my child that his dad sounded like a jacka$$ which is in no way okay. My child will never see him again and I do not recommend him to anyone.
Dr David Faber is a PIECE took me calling him 10 - 20 times to get ahold of him and then he had the audacity to tell me he was done with his patient and that he would not send the prescription to a 24 hour pharmacy because he basically did not feel like it what kind of awful docter dose that and when we went to him we did not get to see him still have not seen him yet and it has been a year what the crap and the fist appointment they could give her was a month or two away and there nurse practitioner said she was going to take a nap and to let her know if she had a patient like she did not know if she had anymore today. So do not use this docter he dose not care for his patients and is not willing to help them and there problems.And will not answer his on call phone after hours.
Moved from his office without notifying his patients. Our child was in bad shape and we had no where else to go. We showed up for the appt were given directions to the new address and they had not yet opened. He really seemed to be less than aversge of a dr to begin with and so unprofessional. Will file a complaint with the AMA,
39 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1979
Dr. David R Faber II accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shelby Psychiatric Services Inc, 1109 Townhouse Rd, Helena, AL
Dr. David R Faber II is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Helena, AL.