Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David M Ratzman has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. David M Ratzman has the following 9 expertise
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Spinal Fractures
- Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Wounds and Injuries
- Chronic Pain
Dr. David M Ratzman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I think this doctor is fabulous! I have many back problems (osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, disc lose, etc.), and was in constant pain-for about 10 years. I went to another doctor, who did not catch and treat 4 back fractures and other things, was rough and painful when giving shots, etc., so I changed to Dr. Ratzman. Yes, it took some time to find a cure for the causes. But, now, on a whole, I am pain free and getting along so well. I am so glad I found him.
I saw Dr Ratzman for 3 months an went through series of injections that made my symptoms worse. I was not told until I had seen him 5 times that I had a ruptured disc in my cervical spine. I went to get a nerve block done. An when I told him I wanted to know the treatment plan was an why was I just informed at my last appointment that I had a herniated disc. Dr Ratzman stated that he was just going to send me to a spinal surgeon. An still avoided my questions. I would NEVER, EVER recommend to anyone. Staff doesn't return calls to answer concerns, He is very unprofessional. I was still trying to speak to him he stood up closed my chart an opened the door an said you can go up front an they will get you checked out. I asked so are you not doing the nerve block. He said no I am not. An walked out of the room.
25 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. David M Ratzman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. David M Ratzman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Indianapolis, IN.