Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David Roys
Dr. David Roys, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Roys is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center - Ballard, Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill and Swedish Edmonds Hospital. Dr. Roys has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David Roys has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. David Roys has the following 8 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. David Roys is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Roys is professional, knowledgeable, up to date with current theories and medications, and definitely trustworthy. The receptionist seems a bit overworked, so maybe that's why the negative reviews relating to her. But if you can't handle waiting in a waiting room, you need to prioritize your problems.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Roys is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center - Ballard
Swedish Medical Center - Cherry Hill
Swedish Edmonds Hospital
Swedish Hospital and Medical Center
49 Years Experience
University of Washington
Graduated in 1964
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions901 Boren Ave, Seattle, WA
Dr. David Roys is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.