Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David M Ruben
Dr. David M Ruben, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with another office in Alpharetta, GA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Ruben is affiliated with Northside Hospital-Atlanta. Dr. Ruben has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. David M Ruben has the following 1 specialty
Dr. David M Ruben has the following 4 expertise
- Gallbladder Surgery
Dr. David M Ruben has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David M Ruben is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
My wife came to Dr. Ruben the day after being diagnosed with Invasive Lobular Carcinoma (Breast Cancer). It was very small and very early but it was there and spreading. Dr. Ruben got us in to his office right away and told us that even though it was only on the left side, because of the type of diagnosis, he recommended that the best option was a double mastectomy and he thought he could get the cancer and we could also do breast reconstruction at the same time. Dr. Ruben was incredible and he was absolutely dead right on the diagnosis. We had the surgery 10 days later, lymph nodes were negative, reconstruction was no problem and my wife is cancer free with no chemo or hormonal therapy required. This was a fast moving cancer that could have gotten really bad really fast and as far as we are concerned, Dr. Ruben saved her life. Dr. Ruben's technical knowledge and expertise is unsurpassed. My wife and I were very scared and Dr. Rubens 'patient manner' is excellent. I am 60 years old and my wife is 57 and he is the best we have ever seen. Everyone's outcome and diagnosis is different but from where we sit, anyone with a breast cancer diagnosis in Atlanta should run not walk to see Dr. Ruben ASAP. It was the best decision we ever made.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Ruben is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Atlanta Va Medical Center
Dr. David M Ruben accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David M Ruben in this video.
Dr. David M Ruben is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.