Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. David S Hong
Dr. David S Hong, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Hong is affiliated with Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David S Hong has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. David S Hong has the following 5 expertise
- Developmental Disorders
Dr. David S Hong has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 8
This doctor was my wife's last hope. Dr. Hong acts as if he is reading off a que card...the things he says to every patient. He is melodramatic and a fake. He repeatedly thanked her for helping HIM, rather than wanting to help her. He was her attending physician, but he didn't bother coming to see her one time in her three week stay. This is the worst doctor in MD Anderson. Clinical trial at MD Anderson should be shut down...nobody cares...patients are there for THEIR purposes.
Compassion is zero. This Doctor has a 'line' that he uses on all patients and it is very obvious that patients in general are at the bottom of his priority list. The clinical trials and the protocol are the only things that matter. When my loved one was dying he didn't bother to show up in the hospital. Don't make the same mistake. My wife died, sorry she didn't work out for him.
Dr. Hong is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. David S Hong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMd Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David S Hong, MD - Medical Oncology in Houston, TX, in this video.
Dr. David S Hong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.