Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David S Schwartz
Dr. David S Schwartz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jenkintown, PA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Schwartz is affiliated with Penn Presbyterian Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. David S Schwartz has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. David S Schwartz has the following 11 expertise
- Miscarriage (Recurrent)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Female Infertility
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Ectopic Pregnancy
Dr. David S Schwartz has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. David S Schwartz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Schwartz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1973
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsDavid S Schwartz Md, 972 Frazier Rd, Jenkintown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David S Schwartz in this video.
Dr. David S Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jenkintown, PA.