Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David B Thordarson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Hip Surgery
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Foot Diseases
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Ankle Injuries
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Tendon Injuries
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 68
He's an AWESOME doctor. Excellent in his craft & beside manner. I've had several surgeries with him. Everyone I awoke without pain & healed quickly. He listened to my concerns prior. I highly revommend him.
This is a surgical mill. After my ankle surgery I tried to contact dr Thordarson at least 10 times about swelling, pain, discoloration. I was shunted to his post surgery nurse who is the ONLY permitted to speak to him. I begged for an appointment to find out what was wrong. He refused to see me for three weeks. I went to the emergency room over the weekend and they took off the cast which was to tight, put me in a soft splint, gave me crutches, ice, etc. called Thordarson the next day and his nurse was just as rude and said see u in 3 weeks. Six months later my ankle hurts more than it did before surgery. Stay away from this hack!
After consulting with two different surgeons and getting two very different solutions for my toe (hallux rigidus), I decided to find the best doctor. That search lead me to Dr. Thordarson and I'm incredibly happy to have found him. From the moment he walked in, I knew he was a person I could trust who is very friendly and helpful. Even though the USC Hospital is a bit like a factory, when you deal with him, you are a person that he cares about. He even quickly returns emails and phone calls. After surgery, I healed faster than expected and was running and doing physical activities way ahead of schedule. I sincerely cannot imagine having a better surgeon.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2009, 2010, 2008, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
34 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. David B Thordarson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCedars Sinai Orthopaedic Center, 444 S San Vicente Blvd Ste 603, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. David B Thordarson in this video.
Dr. David B Thordarson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.