Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. David M Vanderpool has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 13
I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone! He was recommended to me by a friend who is a doctor and I went without researching Dr. Vanderpool. I have been seeing Dr. Vanderpool for over a year and a half and I now have MORE problems than when I went. I only had one SMALL varicose vein in my lower leg and now I have a HUGE dark area on my leg and sunken in areas running all up my leg. I did NOT have those before. I also have TWO more varicose veins. Whenever I asked about these other problems, I was told each time, "We can fix that." I think after this length of time and THOUSANDS of dollars being billed to my insurance company and HUNDREDS paid out of my pocket, the problem should be fixed. I wasn't paying attention to my bills but finally realized that each time Dr. Vanderpool was submitting photos to get me preauthorized with my insurance company (every 3-4 visits), he was billing my insurance company over $900!!! And, I was having to pay my part out-of-pocket! I feel like he has been stringing me along. When I called to complain about the billing, the office staff agreed with me and said there was nothing they could do about it - I would have to speak to Dr. Vanderpool directly. Now I have to find a new doctor to fix all of the problems caused by Dr. Vanderpool. Do NOT go see this doctor!!!!! I am only rating him as a "1 star" because I can't give negative stars!
I would also be very careful in going along with a diagnosis from Dr. Vanderpool. I went in for spider vein treatment; that was ignored and I was told 'let's focus on your varicose veins first' even though I'd not mentioned varicose veins, and the doctor hadn't even seen me yet. I was told I needed valve repair with their ablasion procedure, and they would submit it for insurance approval. I asked more than once for their fees for spider vein treatments, and they were much more interested in my few, very small varicose veins behind my knees. I couldn't even get them to quote schlerotherapy treatment cost for the spider veins, even when the Dr. said they would give me that info when I checked out. I got a very uneasy feeling; it seemed I was being railroaded into a diagnosis that insurance would cover, and was more profitable for the Dr. Needless to say, even though the insuarance approved the procedure, I did not have it done.
31 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Baylor Medical Center
Dr. David M Vanderpool accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. David M Vanderpool is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.