Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dawar Mahmood
Dr. Dawar Mahmood, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Astoria, NY, with another office in Astoria, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery. Dr. Mahmood is affiliated with Flushing Hospital Medical Center, St Barnabas Hospital and North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills. Dr. Mahmood has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Dawar Mahmood has the following 1 specialty
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. Dawar Mahmood has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Dr. Dawar Mahmood has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Dawar Mahmood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mahmood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Flushing Hospital Medical Center
St Barnabas Hospital
North Shore Univ Hosp At Forest Hills
Mt Sinai Hospital
Mount Sinai Hospital of Queens
Ny Hospital Medical Ctr Of Queens,The
Flushing Hosp Med Ctr-Little Neck
40 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dawar Mahmood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Astoria, NY.