Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daya S Sharma
Dr. Daya S Sharma, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Silver Spring, MD, with other offices in Washington, DC and Rockville, MD . His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharma is affiliated with Suburban Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital of Silver Spring and Adventist Healthcare Washington Adventist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Daya S Sharma has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Lung Cancer
Showing 5 of 9
The first visit he didn't have the oncology results after waiting two weeks. Don't know why they scheduled us to come in and learn nothing, but they did. Second visit three weeks later, He read the results sitting in front of us for the very first time. He knew nothing about the case, and refered us to a radiologist for standard treatment without consulting any of the other Dr.s involved. Now seeking a second opinion...
Took my son to see Dr Sharma, he totally ignored me when he entered the room and later he was obviously 'put out' by my questions. It was our 2nd visit, we were with him for probably 5 minutes and were told the results weren't in. So after waiting 40 minutes and being told nothing new just continue treatment I wondered what service I had actually been charged for ! A very frustrating, visit that seemed a waste of time and money.
Dr. Sharma is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Daya S Sharma accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daya S Sharma is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Silver Spring, MD.