Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Deborah J Hoadley
Dr. Deborah J Hoadley, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Longmeadow, MA. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hoadley is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center and Bridgeport Hospital. Dr. Hoadley has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Deborah J Hoadley has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Deborah J Hoadley has the following 8 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Deborah J Hoadley has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Deborah J Hoadley is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
Dr. Hoadley takes the time that is necessary to properly diagnose. I don't mind waiting when she has complicated patients ahead of me because I know she would take the time to give me the same level of care. Moreover, her treatment of Lyme and other tick borne diseases is exemplary. I recommend her to more patients with Lyme disease than anyone else because I know she is a compassionate diagnostician and healer. In fact, I believe she has saved my life!
So there are a number of weird things going on here. #1 Dr. Hoadley was at the desk when I walked in. She acted like a receptionist but did not introduce herself at all. She later asked if her assistant had taken my insurance information but I never saw anyone in the office other than her. Another patient told me that she has no office help but pretends to be a receptionist when she is on the phone. I experienced this when trying to schedule an appointment. I was handed paperwork and told to go to another room and never told that they were running behind . #2 The office is a mess! All patient records are stacked on the desk and in filing boxes on the floor. This does not seem HIPAA compliant. I can't stress how unsettling this was it looks like she is in the process of moving but others say it is always like this. I waited for 2 hours to be seen. 2 hours!!! She does seem to be very knowledgeable about Lyme Disease and the treatment. However, it bothered me a bit that she spent so much time talking about diet, supplements and mind/body and then followed it up with a sales pitch for nurtitional shake, bars and vitamins as well as reiki offered for additional fees in the office. I woould have liked her to recommend a protocol that worked over something she was selling and or affiliated with. I am hoping her treatment will be effective and it will be worth putting up with this weird environement. I highly suggest that she gets A) Filing cabinets B) An office manager C) A computer and D) Some alternate resources for patients other than those she is making a profit from.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hoadley is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Graduated in 1980
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dr. Deborah J Hoadley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
Locations & DirectionsDeborah Hoadley Md Llc, 175 Dwight Rd Ste 203, Longmeadow, MA
Dr. Deborah J Hoadley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longmeadow, MA.