Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah I Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Allen is great. She listens and take the time to understand the condition. However, if you want to be seen when you are not feeling well or next day, it is not an option in this practice. They do not reserve any time for 'walk ins' for same day or next. In fact when I was sick and needed to see someone they suggested that if I needed to see someone the same day (or even same week) that i go to a 'medcheck'. which is obiously not a good suggestion when you want someone who understands your medical history. Their follow up is very poor. I like Dr Allen but am looking to switch to another practice as a result of this issue.
I love my doctor, I never have a problem being seen, my wait times are never long, and Dr. Allen always accommodates me. One particular incident I was late to my appointment, I thought it was for 8:30am but it was actually 8:00am.ooops! Dr. Allen still saw me and my wait time was not long, although I would have waited to see her even if I had to wait. She had every right to be upset, but still she was kind to me. I really appreciated that. I think the number one thing that I like the most about my doctor is she always remembers things about me and details of my last visit, to me this shows concern and that time was taken to remember me., I get my questions answered and I never feel rushed when I visit. She tells me when things are good. I always feel reassured when I leave What a great Doctor. I feel like she is my friend.
Dr. Allen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Deborah I Allen accepts the following insurance providers.
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deborah I Allen in this video.
Dr. Deborah I Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carmel, IN.