Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Deborah I Leavens
Dr. Deborah I Leavens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Herndon, VA, with another office in Herndon, VA. She has 39 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Leavens is affiliated with Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Leavens has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Deborah I Leavens has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Deborah I Leavens has the following 9 expertise
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Family Planning
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
Dr. Deborah I Leavens has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Deborah I Leavens is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 7
I've seen Dr. Leavens about 4 times now and am very happy with her as my doctor. I have had several doctors throughout the past 30 years, some better, several worse. Dr. Leavens is not a touchy-feely, super-outgoing kind of person, she is pretty straight forward. I feel very comfortable talking with her and I especially like that she is listening to what I have to say and not rushing me out the door to get to the next patient. She is through with her questions and does not hesitate to write a referral for necessary follow-on testing. It's a nice office, appointments are easy, and wait time is generally not very long.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Leavens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
Dr. Deborah I Leavens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deborah I Leavens, MD - Family Medicine in Herndon, VA, in this video.
Dr. Deborah I Leavens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Herndon, VA.