Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah L Melendez has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Deborah L Melendez has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Deborah L Melendez has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Deborah L Melendez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
In all my visits to doctors over many years I never had one try to charge me an office visit fee just to discuss lab results. They not only did but when I refused they said we cannot prescribe you anything then, and noted on my chart that I refused to be seen. I did not refuse to be seen just to be gouged by an unethical business. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.
I just moved here from out of state, and I have an HMO, and had to pick a doctor, and I went to her. She is a complete idiot, she gets on the computer to try and find diagnosis, and she is very uncaring, and the wait time is over an hour. I've seen her twice, and my husband has seen her once, and both of our wait times were almost 2 hours after our appointment times. After she checks you out she sends the nurse in to do all the talking, and of course the nurse doesn't know what she's talking about. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. I'm in the process of switching my primary doctor as we speak.
If you can get through on the telephone, you are put on hold and have to be transferred to another person for every little detail...on hold again. The office doesn't get back with you in a timely manner and referrals are hard to get. Too many patients, too few competent employees who always have an excuse why they're late with referrals, etc....
14 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Methodist Hospital (Houston Tx)
Dr. Deborah L Melendez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsDeborah Lynn Melendez Md, 8656 W Highway 71 Bldg A, Austin, TX
Dr. Deborah L Melendez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.