Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Deborah Ramanathan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Deborah Ramanathan has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 16
Did not introduce herself when she entered the room even though I was a new patient. Not knowledgable of current practices at all. Told me the antibiotic she prescribed was not suitable while breast feeding even though it is (according to breastfeeding resources and my child's pediatrician). Told me she was prescribing me medication before examining me. Told me to keep my baby in my house for 5 years so her immune system will fully develop (I was not there about my baby). Told me to lose weight when I complained of dizziness and that I should not eat after 4pm. Did not ask about my medical history at all be firing giving advice.
Dr. Romanathan "was" a good doctor. However she is getting to old to practice anymore. She does not use a computer well enough and often makes mistakes with prescriptions and records. And has many problems with doing the paper work on prescribed government controled meds. And refuses to write the scrips stateing that she can't be bothered to do the paper work. Also her english is very differcult to understand. Dr Deborah Ramanathan is getting to old to do the job, it is time to retire.
I suggest with Dr. Ramanathan that her patients consider getting a second opinion.I thought my son had epilepsy, and Dr. Ramanathan disagreed with me. I had misplaced faith in her judgement thinking she knew more than I did, after all she she is a doctor. We found out later my son did have epilepsy and had I gotten a second opinion, he would have been treated sooner...
Dr. Deborah Ramanathan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsQuakertown Family Practice Pc, 241 Juniper St, Quakertown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Deborah Ramanathan in this video.
Dr. Deborah Ramanathan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Quakertown, PA.