The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Deborah C Schrag
Dr. Deborah C Schrag, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Medical Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schrag is affiliated with Falmouth Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham And Womens Outpatient Pharmacy. Dr. Schrag has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Deborah C Schrag has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Deborah C Schrag has the following 22 expertise
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Breast Cancer
- Gene Therapy
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Colorectal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
Dr. Deborah C Schrag is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Totally agree with other reviewer. This doctor really listens and has incredible empathy and compassion for her patients. The clinic may make you wait because she spends a lot of time with her patients but the wait is worth it because she really treats you like an individual......very important when the diagnosis is the big C.
It was a little hard to get an appointment but once I got past the office staff this doctor was definitely worth waiting for. Very very compassionate in a difficult situation. Made me feel very hopeful. Very smart. Connected me to other great specialists and took care of things right away. very efficient.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Schrag is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1991
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Deborah C Schrag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO