Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Debra S London has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Debra S London has the following 16 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
Dr. Debra S London has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I think of Dr. London everyday in the way that I am now able to conduct my life. I am so appreciative and grateful when I reflect on her honesty, non-judgemental position, open-mindedness and directness. She has helped me to ask myself the difficult questions and confront the issues I didn't want to face. Dr. London has been, and continues to be, a tremendous asset in my life and in the lives of my family and I wonder where I would be, or better yet, who I would be, if I never met her and accepted her approach. She excels at illumination the issue at hand, which is a testament to her profound knowledge on countless subjects combined with the personal work she has committed to her practice and patients. Her expertise is obviously a result of her broad understanding of all walks of life, beliefs and events affecting our world and she explains these in a way that can be understood, accepted and embraced. It is true that you can't change certain things about yourself or situations that you may find yourself in, but with inquiry, you can change your thinking and understand them in a positive and beneficial way if you just do the work. Thank you Dr. London for helping me realize that this is possible.
I have never had a better experience with a psychiatrist. Doctor London really provided the tools for me to tackle my stressful thoughts through self inquiry, meditation, and optimizing my whole wellness. Her in-home office made for a relaxed environment and her keen attention to detail helped to decipher between the stories we create and the truth. She really lives her therapy. Her demeanor was kind and she is very easy to talk to. She has always answered all of my calls in a timely manner.
She is able to offer an alternative view than what you might expect and this is very helpful. She is very strict about cancellation and is not at all empathic for the reason. She is very concerned that she get paid her fee regardless of the reason you cancel. It makes the relationship seem very impersonal.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Debra S London is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ojai, CA.